Merrell® Macdonald Hotels Competition 2013 – Terms and Conditions
1. Entry. Enter the Merrell® Macdonald Hotels competition 2013 (the “Competition”) by visiting [www.merrell.com/uk] between 12:00 18 March 2013 and 23:59 18 April 2013 (the “Promotion Period”) and completing an entry form in its entirety.
2. Eligibility. No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. Each entrant must be 18 years or older at the time of entry and a legal resident of the United Kingdom mainland (excluding Northern Ireland, the Channel islands and Isle of Man). Employees of the Promoter and Macdonald Hotels, their licensed dealers, agents and affiliates, and employees’ immediate families are ineligible. Immediate family members include relatives living at the same address as an employee.
3. ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. each entrant is only eligible to enter the Competition once. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. All entries become the Promoter’s property and will not be returned. By participating in the Competition or accepting a prize, entrants and travel guests accept and agree to these terms and conditions. The decisions of the Promoter are final and binding in all matters related to the Competition and no correspondence will be entered in to.
4. Prizes. One (1) prize is available comprising of a two (2) night break at a Macdonald Hotels property situated on the UK mainland of the winner’s choice for the prize winner and one (1) travel guests (“Prize”). Stay is based on two (2) adults sharing a standard room on a dinner, bed & breakfast basis. Prize is available from April 2013 - December 2013. Prize is strictly subject to availability and cannot be used during peak periods i.e. Christmas, New Year's Eve. Additional date exclusions may apply. The travel guest of the winner must be at least 18 years of age at the date of travel. The Prize does not include any meals, cost of travel or any other expenses not specifically listed herein. The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be substituted or redeemed for cash except in the sole discretion of the Promoter, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
5. Prize Draw. On or about 22 April 2013, the Promoter will hold a random computerised draw to select one (1) prize winner from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winner will be notified within three (3) days of the draw by e-mail and/or telephone. The Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected if the potential winner cannot be reached within three (3) days after the draw, or does not meet eligibility criteria, or does not fully comply with these terms and conditions.
6. Publicity: Acceptance of the Prize constitutes the winner’s consent to the use of their name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consent. The winner may withdraw consent to such use by contacting the Promoter in writing at Merrell®, a division of Wolverine Europe Limited, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG.
7. Liability: Subject to paragraph 8 the Promoter is not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (a) illegible, incomplete, damaged, misdirected, stolen, late, or lost entries; (b) errors or delays in entering; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter which may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted; and (d) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the Prize or resulting from acceptance or use of the Prize, or from participation in the Competition. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for any network, computer/phone hardware or software failure of any kind, virus, or any malfunction of the Competition website or any data transmissions preventing or limiting participation in the Competition. Each entrant is responsible for taking appropriate measures to protect his/her data and/or software stored on his/her computer, mobile device and/or telephone equipment. Any entrant attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with the Competition, including but not limited to using automated processes for entry, will be ineligible. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as originally planned, the Promoter at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify or cancel the Competition.
8. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits or excludes the Promoter’s liability for (i) any personal injury or death resulting directly from the Promoter’s negligence and/or (ii) the Promoter’s fraud.
9. Winner. The name and county of the Prize winner may be requested by sending the Promoter a self addressed, stamped envelope, attn: Merrell® Macdonald Hotels Competition 2013, by 01 June 2013.
11. Macdonald Hotels & Resorts would like to send entrants direct marketing information about their goods and services. Please tick the box on the entry form if you would like to receive such information.
12. Governing Law: This Competition is subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
13. Promoter: The Promoter of the Competition is Merrell®, a division of Wolverine Europe Limited, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9AG (“SponsorPromoter”).