THE MERRELL BLOG: WHAT'S NOW. WHAT'S NEXT. LET'S GET OUTSIDE.
Doc Andrew Murray - Born to Run
6 top tips to motivate yourself for outside training
The first few steps outside the front door are always the hardest- especially when the weather is terrible or I feel that there is too much else to do but I hardly ever regret it once I’m out there.
I’ve heard a few great tips for getting active and getting outside in 2014- here are a few of my favourites
• If you’re busy, try making walking, cycling or running part of your commute
• It’s often more fun as part of a group- join a club, there are even online clubs like www.tribesports.com that are great for sharing ideas and getting tips
• Or encourage friends to join you
• Check out and plan for the weather
• Take a camera- there’s almost always something worth catching
• Build it into your routine- if you’ve planned it, you’re more likely to do it