THE MERRELL BLOG: WHAT'S NOW. WHAT'S NEXT. LET'S GET OUTSIDE.
We all like to wax poetic about solo trailblazing.
Maybe a car ride on the open road without a passenger, or an unaccompanied hike into the wilderness. Losing yourself in a long jog around the lake. We all need quiet time and space, especially in this crazy old world of hustle and bustle and distraction and…wait let me just read this other thing over here first. Now where was I?
As much as we want to pioneer adventures on own, though, bringing friends along is a whole different, wonderful, outdoor ballgame. Even one will suffice.
A Few Prime Reasons to Explore Outdoor Spaces Together
(cue Doublemint commercial)
1. Transportation: Arguments over steering aside, canoe paddling is easier with two. And if you’re hiking, piggybacking is key: Phew! Just carry me for a while.
2. Conversation: You get to have it! With someone else! (Of the Homo sapiens sapiens variety)
3. Eyes: You’ve literally doubled your sights on the landscape. Who knows what your friend sees over the next ridge that you may have missed.
4. Snacks: More of them. What's that you say, traveling companion? You are preparing massive quantities of trailmix, heavy on the candy? Yes, you may join.
5. Musical Entertainment: Harmony practice. And Row Your Boat in rounds!
Bottom line is: The More the Merrier, Sharing is Caring, and S’Mores Taste Better in Groups. Plus all other common euphemisms for connecting yourself with the people around you and the great outdoors.
I’ve got a whole stack of these fun friend facts in my back pocket. Bring me on your next excursion and I’ll tell you some more.
Speaking of friends...have you connected with Merrell Origins on Facebook yet?